We are happy to announce that also this year we will award the student prize for the best student contribution!
If you want to be considered for the student prize, please submit your abstract in the submissions portal and make sure to click ‘yes’ for the question on the student prize participation.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to upload a full paper by the 15th of May 2022. The student prize will be awarded during the conference.
To be eligible, papers must:
- Be a complete, original, unpublished manuscript in English; hence published (or accepted by a scientic journal) papers are not eligible to take part in the competition.
- Be led by a student and written by a student as the first or only author;
- The status of student is defined as follows: has been a student within the year leading up to the conference (15th of June 2021 in this case)
- Where there are multiple authors, include a clear description of the contribution that the student(s) made to work;
- Represent an original work in ecological economics;
- Follow standard ethical requirements in research;
- Be presented as an oral presentation by the candidate during the ESEE conference (poster submissions are not eligible).
- Must contain a maximum of 6000 words (excl. tables and figures) and be accompanied by an abstract of max. 150 words;
Student representatives are not eligible for competition during their active terms as members of the ESEE board
The first evalation step is the preselection of about 20 submissions that participate in the competition. This selection is based on four gradings given by reviewers, and uses the following criteria: relevance to ecological economics, academic quality, and rigour/clarity/flair of writing.
The selected students must submit the paper by 15th of May.
The second step is the assessment of the full paper by the jury, who will select 6 finalist papers that will be presented by the students at the conference in the best student prize session.
After the presentations the jury will select the three winning papers, which will be announced in the ESEE general meeting, and awarded in the final ceremony.
Author guidelines for submitting the full paper (due by 15h of May ONLY by SELECTED STUDENTS)
As papers are double-blind peer reviewed, the main text file should not include any information that might identify the authors.